Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Most Remarkable Woman

I was talking to a friend who lives here in Farragut who has taken up the study of Christian Science. Not only is she digging in to learn more of what Mary Baker Eddy has given to the world about God and man, she is having some wonderful proofs of God's everpresent help.

We've given her some biographies of the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science as well. And my friend just cannot get over how many challenges this remarkable woman had to endure. And overcame. And I happened to recall one instance noted somewhere by a biographer (can't cite it right now) where Mrs. Eddy was scheduled to give a talk in some New England town and was notified that someone intended to blow up the hall where she was to speak. And what did this woman do? In her words (substantially): "I leaned on God, and was safe."

I can never thank God enough that He upheld the work given her to do. My life has been blessed beyond all telling because of this most remarkable woman.