Friday, June 5, 2009

Christ's Healing Power

Two things are coming together this morning, and inspiring this blog post. Both center around the book Mary Baker Eddy published in 1875, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures--a book that has meant the world to me in my spiritual progress. A book that has made our Saviour's words and works potent for me, to an increasing degree.

Earlier this week, a friend in Christ, a Baptist lady who began reading this book because of tuning in to my blog, said to me: "All Eddy wrote in her book is full of Christ's power. She wanted more than all else, it seems to me, to let the world know what Christ can do for us." I thought this quite perceptive from someone who has been poring over this book for only a couple of months now.

And yesterday got in the mail the latest book of poetry from a dear friend in Christ, an award-winning poet from the Chicago area (not a Christian Scientist) I met when contributing poems last year to a website. She said more than once, your poetry makes me think of so-and-so (a best-selling televangelist). I didn't go into what I thought about this similarity (to her) because I don't push my religion on anyone. But it did occur to me that perhaps this man has come across Science and Health in his reading. It could be so. At any rate, it just reinforced my everlasting gratitude for Mrs. Eddy's book, and all the wonderful demonstrations of Christ's healing power it has brought to me and so many I know.

As is Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Eddy, I'll say again. For someone out there in cyberspace who is learning of this life-changing volume for the first time, you may obtain one in almost any public library, purchase one from any Christian Science Reading Room, or get ordering info from the Internet. You have no idea what spiritual blessings await you.