Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bold for His Holy Child

Were I not already committed to standing up for Christ Jesus in every way God opens up, I would be now after reading two things: first, the book of Acts, chapter 4 lifted me out of my chair this morning. I had read this before, but never had it affected me with such power. The gist of it to me is that Peter and John, in the most stirring words, are calling on their Master's followers to be bold in his behalf. This has made my day, so inspiring and energizing it was to read.

Then, a few days ago happened to come across something the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science writes in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures: "Meekly our Master met the mockery of his unrecognized grandeur." This went right through me, and caused me to say, Ohhhhh! It renewed (if it needed renewing) my resolve to present Jesus' words and works to every man, woman and child his Father and our Father makes available. And that He can and is going to do it, I have not the slightest doubt.

I know there are so-called Christians, and Christian Scientists, who are for accomodation with those who hold other beliefs, even those clearly with no reverence for Christ. It can't be done. It shouldn't be tried. This to me goes against what we are expected to do--be bold for our Saviour. Given all Christ has done, and is doing for mankind, can we not show all-out fervor and devotion?

Regardless of what other religions may believe, we unashamed followers of Jesus agree with what Acts 4 says, that "there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

And Mary Baker Eddy in reiterating I. Timothy states: " 'There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.' " (Science and Health, p. 332)

God forbid that any of us should fail to exhibit boldness for His Holy Child.