Friday, November 1, 2019

Thanks to Christ Jesus

        We have Christ Jesus to thank for revealing and proving fully our heavenly Father's constant love for His children.  And when we're empowered with the spiritual truths Jesus knew about God and man, and which Christian Science makes available to everyone today, we can prove these for ourselves in healing. These spiritual truths are contained in Mary Baker Eddy's book, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures."

        One example of what this book can do for mankind is recorded on page 644:

"After I had read Mrs. Eddy's work, Science and Health, a few days, I found that my ailments had disappeared and a rest had come to me which I had never before known. Like a prisoner, who had been in chains for years, I was suddenly set free. I did not know then how the chain had been removed, but I had to acknowledge that it came through the reading of this book. I then felt an ardent desire to read more, and to know what this power was that had freed me in a few days of that which I had been trying for years to shake off and had failed.  It then became clear to me that this was the truth which Jesus Christ taught and preached to free humanity almost two thousand years ago."