Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jesus meant what he said!

As I was just saying in a letter sent to a new, and what will surely be dear, friend in Wisconsin, blogging for Christian Science is pure joy for me. And while I hope that what appears here provides something helpful to fellow students of Mary Baker Eddy's writings, my primary aim is to enlighten those who have yet to experience the tremendous blessings to be gained from her great discovery.

Just ran across something this morning from something Mrs. Eddy wrote that answers perfectly the question I've been asked more than once, "How can you be a Christian Scientist?!" This is found in "Miscellaneous Writings" on pages 192 and 193 from the section on Bible Lessons.


"'And these signs shall follow them that believe;...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover,' This declaration of our Master settles the question; else we are entertaining the startling inquires, Are the Scriptures inspired? Are they true? Did Jesus mean what he said?"
She continues, "His words are unmistakable, for they form propositions of self-evident demonstrable truth. Doctrines that deny the substance and practicality of all Christ's teachings cannot be evangelical; and evangelical religion can be established on no other claim than the authenticity of the Gospels, which support unequivocally the proof that Christian Science, as defined and practised by Jesus, heals the sick, casts out error, and will destroy death."

As I have said to some of my friends in other Christian denominations, get a copy of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures . You won't be tossed in jail; I doubt that your pastor will disown you. See for yourself what I've been blogging about. You just may be blessed more than you know.