Sunday, October 31, 2010

Following in Jesus' Steps

(Feeling as I do, that more Christians, not to mention adherents of my religion which certainly includes me, need to emulate the friend who led me to write the poem below, I post it for the inspiration and incentive of readers of this blog. This person who resides in the UK is so humble, would not want his name mentioned. Didn't include it in a book published last year, so won't do so here.)




A Shining Light



The wisest people

I'm blessed to know

At the Master's feet

No matter what bend low.



And I have observed,

These humble stay that way.

It's the way they live --

Not the words they say.



This city set on a hill,

This shedder of light,

Though resident of Scotland

Reaches far with Christ's might.



Christians such as he

Live not for wealth or fame,

But to follow in Jesus' steps.

May I, dear God, do the same.