Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hungry to Hear Jesus' Words

I just recently read in something one of the early workers in the Christian Science movement said (Samuel Greenwood) that what the world is yearning for is to hear our great Master's words.

I do believe this, and just yesterday had another confirmation of this. Some days ago, happened to be at my favorite breakfast place when I noticed that the nice man behind the counter seemed to be down. Upon inquiring, he said: "With the degrees I have, look at the menial work I have to do!" It came to me to say, "But think of Christ Jesus who said, 'I am among you as he that serveth.'" He said nothing, but his face showed some light. Then just yesterday, he took me aside and said, "You will never know what mentioning Jesus' words did for me the other day. Thank you!" This man's feedback made my day.

So, we just never know how reiterating Jesus' sublime words may cause another's life to glow.