Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanking God

Just sitting on our porch this morning listening to the rain (isn't that a lovely sound?) and as many feelings of gratitude arose, felt I must share them.  What am I most thankful to God for this morning?  For Christ Jesus.  And for the discovery Mary Baker Eddy made of the divine laws that underlay our Master's marvelous proofs of God's omnipotence and care for His creation. 

And here let me make clear to those who aren't followers of the teachings of my religion:  Christian Science in no way transcends nor supplants Jesus' words.  God forbid such a misconception!  No, Christian Science reiterates Jesus' teachings, was founded to perpetuate and extend these life-giving words and works, to encourage reliance on God's mighty healing power, just as Jesus did. 

And what I have experienced in my life as a student of divine Science certainly bears this out.  If I were to merely list the problems that have been met through some knowledge of what Jesus knew about God and man--never mind going into detail about these experiences--I would be blogging for a long time.

Suffice it to say, what I have enjoyed through the years -- a practical, right-at-hand help when God's power was needed -- is free for anyone out there in the world to obtain.  And a good place to start on learning more of what our beloved Saviour understood of divine laws is available through "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures."  It is Mary Baker Eddy's masterwork, and what it can do for any person's health and well-being has to be experienced to be believed.