Friday, October 2, 2009

Saved to the Utmost

Some things just must be shared.  And with the wonderful access the Internet provides for reaching all over the world, have decided to post the following words about Master, Christ Jesus.  Was just reading the New Testament--am going straight through--and came some words from Hebrews I must have read before.  But this time, they seemed to jump right off the page, and I thought, what if someone out there in cyberspace has never encountered this divine promise before and it changes their lives?  What am I blogging for if not this?

Speaking of someone being reached in a beneficial way, last night I was looking through the Wall Street Journal and happened on a piece about some country and western singer who can write songs that change people's lives. Just think how much more the words God gave His faithful servants can transform any one's life, I said to myself.  And so, I'm passing along something Paul wrote.   I believe this with all my heart and being,  would take this on faith alone just because of who said it.  But having experienced Christ's interceding in my life in so many ways--some extremely challenging--I know Christ can save every last one us to the utmost.

Speaking of the Son of God, Paul states:  "...he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

 I am certain someone in this world of ours is going to have his or her life changed by this glorious statement.