Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Manna From Heaven

What follows is almost a guest columnist's offering, and I offer it to you for the spiritual uplift I know it is going to have. During the Christmas holidays, my husband took some pies over to a couple's house we've become acquainted with, to help out with the large family gathering they were expecting. Soon after, I was talking with the wife one day and the subject of religion came up, specifically Mrs. Eddy's book, which she was interested in reading. I went to our local library and checked out a copy of "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" to let her look over, to see if she was interested. Well, the acceptance by this childlike lady was instantaneous! Told us she couldn't wait each evening for spare time to read her book. Of course, we knew she had to have her own copy, which my husband gave her from the several he keeps for just such a purpose. And now, her own words which are in a lovely card left in our mailbox:

"Thank you both for the wonderful pies...Nothing was spared. As much as we enjoyed the pies, the best gift is that little treasure of "Science and Health" by Mary Baker Eddy. I wait for a moment to be still and devour myself into the words. It's like anticipation to be able to sit down with it and the Word of God. Scripture has never been so inticing! Thank you, Thank you."

This, dear readers of this blog, is what it's all about.