Friday, October 12, 2018

Christly Love -- Essential

We who follow Christ,

Who reverence the Name

Can't afford the shame

Of feeling unloving

Toward our fellowman.

I hope this traveler

Is learning when

Loving starts to slip,

It's more than a blip,

On the divine screen.

It's deadly serious

And needs to be

Corrected quickly.

Those times I haven't

Done this I regret.

                 And yet

There is always another day

When we can get ourselves

Safely back in the Way.

The worse thing about not loving

Is blatant disobedience to God,

Not that He ever stops loving us.

But our Father Who is all Love

Is not going to follow us

Out the door while we

Indulge in a little hate!

Do we want to lose the

Look of approval on His face?




As to Christly love being essential --

Our great Master puts it clearly:

"A new commanndment I give you,

That ye love one another,

As I have loved you.

That ye love one another."