Thursday, July 2, 2015

Children of the CEO





        (You'll see in half a second why I have "the" in the title of this post.)

        I just got off the phone with a dear friend and happened to share with him something that occurred to me recently. What if we were the children of a powerful CEO whose company ran the world?  Would we want for anything, materially speaking?  Of course, the man in charge of such a vast enterprise would have to be loving.  Not all human CEOs are of course. Probably many don't care for their offspring that much. But the CEO I'm thinking about is our heavenly Father, who does love us and want us to have more than we can imagine.

        Jesus says, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  The kingdom! What more could we want than this?

        Several years ago someone said to me, "Don't ever forget. You are the daughter of the King." And you and I are daughters,and sons, of not only a CEO, but a King--God Almighty, who gives us everything that makes life worth living.