Sunday, October 5, 2014

Our Father Knows Best




And things go best for us

when we seek His direction.

Would you believe

only yesterday I was about

to follow through

on the very thing

I should not do!

But instead of striking off

on my own, as in the past,

I stopped long enough to ask,

"Dear Father, is this the thing

You want me to do?"

Almost at once came the

conviction that it was not.

This, another instance

of solid protection.

Had I followed through

on what I was about to do,

would it have been disastrous?

No, it wouldn't.  And yet,

a definite mis-step,

causing ripples across the pond

of  my life, un-recallable,

and in other lives,

possibly mis-construable,

Having our Father Mind's

guiding voice is glorious.

And we can always hear Him.

As Isaiah assures us:

"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying,
 This is the way, walk ye in it,
when ye turn to the right hand,
and when ye turn to the left."