Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Being Mary, Not Martha




        A busy day looms, like too many of late, and what do I need to do?  Leave some things by the way, and carry out the rest, so that more of His children may be blest.  Hope the following helps you.

        To help with this, this gentle rebuke Jesus made to a friend one day:  "Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:  but Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."  (Luke 10:41, 42)

        When I think of all the time wasted that could be devoted to better things!  Well, I can see, I must deal firmly with mundane things that get in the way, and with Jesus's pointed reminder before me, this day will be less taken up with non-essentials.

       Taking seriously what the Master said can't help but begin adjusting circumstances for you and me, as only God can do.  The result? A more productive day where it counts.