Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mind's Artistry

I may not come in until December!  Autumn being my favorite month -- especially October -- it's just too glorious outdoors to do much inside.  Not the autumn we knew in New England, but close.  Really close.  Case in point:  while sitting outside just now with one of our dogs reveling in the crisp, invigorating air, I happened to see something quite amazing.  There above a shrub was the most perfect spider web I've ever seen.  A perfect, large circle with the little artist sitting inside.  How one tiny thing could create something so symmetrical and so beautiful with the sun hitting it!  But being one of God's, Mind's creatures, it shouldn't be so surprising to me.

Couldn't help thinking of something Mary Baker Eddy writes in her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures (page 468):  "All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all."

To think that from the smallest of His creations to man himself, we are what God has formed, a manifestation of Mind.  What an eternal truth -- a truth Christ Jesus exemplified in dazzling demonstrations -- to take with me today and every day.