Sunday, July 3, 2011

On being free

With all the attention given in my country to Independence Day, July 4th, can't help thinking about freedom.  While it's a blessing to live in the United States, for many reasons, what I'm most thankful for is the freedom that has come to me and mine (and many others) through the writings of Mary Baker Eddy.

Could not list all the ways Christian Science has brought freedom--from lack, from fear and worry, from the effects of accidents, from all kinds of physical challenges.  But I think what means most is the sense of the unlimited good God has for us, the ever-expanding horizons of usefulness and joy that come from understanding and accepting this.  Learning the divine truths that Christ Jesus obviously knew makes this inevitable in one's experience. There just isn't as aspect of daily life that our Master's teachings, as made even clearer to me by Mrs. Eddy's words, do not touch beneficially.

And one of the statement in Mrs.Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures I particularly love is this:  "God's being is infinity, freedom, harmony, and boundless bliss."  (p. 481)

And so is that of His reflection, man.  You and me.  Now.