Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Such Good News

A dear lady -- a loved friend she has become to me -- just emailed me something that brings great joy to this heart of mine. She has been reading my blog, and has found some of the comments interesting and inspiring. So, she has ordered for herself a copy of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.

I, of course, emailed her right back, and said to her, this book may prove enlightening and helpful to you. I certainly hope that this is the case. Over the years as I've either mentioned this wonderful book to others, or given them a copy, not all have seemed ready for what it offers. And this is fine. In one case, the person who received a copy laid it aside for a time. And later, when a pressing physical condition arose, got the book and began reading, pondering the truths in it. His problem was healed, for which he and I thanked God greatly for His glorious healing power.

I've said in more than one blog post that Science and Health can do wonders for a person. It brings to those who are ready for its inspired teachings the holy experience of Christ-healing. And for someone who has yet to read this book, and may be thinking of getting a copy-- either at a local library, or bookstore, or Christian Science Reading Room, or ordering one on-line-- what have you got to lose?