Sunday, May 9, 2010

Healing -- without drugs

"I am the Lord that healeth thee" (Exodus 15:26)

"If drugs are part of God's creation, which (according to the narrative in Genesis) He pronounced good, then drugs cannot be poisonous. If He created drugs intrinsically bad, then they should never be used. If He creates drugs at all and designs them for medical use, why did Jesus not employ them and recommend them for the treatment of disease?"
(Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy)

How fitting that this is Mother's Day which gives me an opportunity in my blog to say how grateful I am that my mother took up the study of Christian Science when I was not even in kindergarten. Being brought up by a parent who relied on God for healing of various difficulties that can come up in childhood was such a blessing. My mother had great faith in the Scriptural promise I quoted above, and in the divine truths found in the teachings of Christian Science, having been dramatically healed herself of a condition kind doctors could not cure. Her reliance on divine power for all kinds of challenges was and continues to be an inspiration to me.

I can't imagine my life any other way than health without having to resort to drugs.