Monday, April 22, 2019

Living for Christ

        Glorious is the word for it.  Making Jesus' words the focus of all we think and do transcends all else in this life.  Am I suggesting that doing this, all challenges will suddenly cease.  In no way.  I would be remiss in all that I have written if it leads someone to think otherwise. There will be sharp struggles.  But our day-to-day experience becomes through Christ much more alive--happier, healthier, freer.  This is the way our heavenly Father wants it to be. And in the situations that once would have defeated us, we become the masters.

        The carnal mind's attacks on us take different forms.  One of the worst can be discouragement.  "Give up, it isn't worth it" comes to everyone of us at times. Awhile back a devoted Christian lady I know told me, "Discouragement had me down for the count, not sure I could get up and continue the fight. "Evil's attempts to shut down our work for our Master can leave many of us saying this.

        But you know what?  Christ came to the aid of my friend, just as always happens with every committed follower. And speaking personally, I have been brought out of opposition so intense it seemed I could not endure another moment.  And what caused this?  His power, of course, and Jesus plain-speaking on what we can expect as we go all out for Him.

        Our Savior always sees us through--no matter how rough the way.  Always. As Jesus promised. "Lo, I am with you alway"