Saturday, July 26, 2014

Which Shall It Be?



        Christ...or self?  For those of us who are followers of Christ Jesus, who are confronted daily with so much that plays up the personal "I", this is a question that needs to be answered, and answered rightly.
     
        Which is it going to be with you and me?  Christ..or self?  The worldly man doesn't think so, but anyone who has found out what it takes to actually carry out Jesus' teachings, will know that what I say now is true:  the less there is of me, myself, the better for all concerned.

        Jesus said, "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples."  (John 15:8)

        Nothing blocks the needed good you and I otherwise might do, nothing interferes with the "fruits" manifested in a Christlike character the world needs so much, like too much self.  And the sooner we're delivered from it, the sooner will we be carrying out what our blessed Master required.

        Am I suggesting that putting Christ first, living to see our Father glorified, makes life terrific, with no longer any challenges?  In no way.  There will be sharp struggles.  In some ways, more than before. But our day-to-day experience becomes, because of making the bearing of fruit for God's glory, much more alive -- happier, healthier, free -- for others and ourselves.  Just the way our loving Father wants our lives to be. The blessings that await are more wonderful than one can possibly imagine.