Saturday, January 11, 2014

No Harmful After-Effects




        There are many reasons why I feel Christ healing as made available through the teachings of Christian Science is the  best way to go.  But this is perhaps the biggest:  there is no harmful fall-out from turning to God for healing and health.

        This was brought home to me vividly just this week in two conversations.  The first I overhead while waiting in line at the post office.  Two men were chatting, and one asked the other how his wife was getting along with such and such treatment.  The other man said something I could not believe.  He said, "She's too ill right now to take her pills"!  And the other instance involved a neighbor who said to me one morning,  "I'm taking about 14 different medications right now, and I think this may be why I feel so bad.  I think they're going to kill me!"  Is there any wonder I thanked God I don't have to go that way.

        Mary Baker Eddy, the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science, writes in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures:  "It is plain that God does not employ drugs or hygiene, nor provide them for human use; else Jesus would have recommended and employed them in his healing.  The sick are more deplorably lost then the sinning, if the sick cannot rely on God for help and the sinning can."

        She continues further down the page:  "Controlled by this belief, you continue in the old routine.  You lean on the inert and unintelligent, never discerning how this deprives you of the available superiority of divine Mind."

        In later posts here, I'll go into more detail on just how my religion heals (as I have done over the years in this blog), but for now, you may wish to investigate Christian Science on your own.  You have everything to gain from reading and pondering "Science and Health" mentioned above.