Friday, November 15, 2013

Trusting God




        Below are some of the reasons why you and I should cultivate trust in our heavenly Father--and less and less in people.


        From Jeremiah 17, verses 5 and 6:  "Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

        For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and  not inhabited."

        From Psalms 62:  verses 6 through 9:  "He only is my rock and my salvation:  he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

        In God is my salvation and my glory:  the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

        Trust in him at all times; ye people  pour out your heart before him:  God is a refuge for us.

        Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie:  to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity."

        And from Psalm 146, verse 3:  "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."


The wonderful fact is, that the more you and I depend on God, the more true independence we shall have!