Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Note to my readers



A most interesting thing has occurred.  It has come to my attention that an individual has begun a website in which the first entry is a warning to beware of Sharon Slaton Howell and Christian Science!  This is followed by quite a denunciation of what my religion is.  To say that this was a surprise to me is to understate the case greatly.  Someone must be afraid that I have more influence in cyberspace than certainly I'm aware of.

However, my immediate and continuing reaction is one of compassion for someone who feels they must attack what another believes. But as I've said at the outset of my blogging which began back in 2008 out of love for God, for Christ Jesus, and for the teachings of Christian Science, that every attempt to turn me from my religion and/or to poison my thought toward its Discoverer and Founder, Mary Baker Eddy, has completely failed.  And it shall continue to do so. 

Further, it's not lost on me that the motive to drag down my beliefs may just cause some earnest seeker for Truth, someone who is desperate to experience Christ-healing, to investigate Christian Science.  God often works in ways we cannot see at the time.  He has done so many times in the past where Christian Science is concerned.

In closing, I quote something Mrs. Eddy once wrote:  "I would no more quarrel with a man because of his religion than I would because of his art."  First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany (page 270)

I echo these words, and would ask that Jesus' Golden Rule be put in practice in this situation.