Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let Christ have the credit




When misunderstanding with a neighbor gives way to "How can I show kindness to this person", let Christ have the credit.

When a tendency to criticize someone gives way to "Such was I at one time", let Christ have the credit.

When a feeling of illness gives way to healing through reliance on the teachings of Christian Science, let Christ have the credit.

When resentment toward someone who has wronged us gives way to heartfelt forgiveness, let Christ have the credit.

When complacency toward what Jesus taught gives way to an earnest desire to obey these commands, let Christ have the cedit.

When irritation with other drivers gives way to patience and non-condemnation, let Christ have the credit.

When "What's in it for me", gives way to "How can I give to others", let Christ have the credit.

When what we thought and did last year, we would never think of thinking or doing now, let Christ have the credit.

(There are so many more entries I could make along these lines. But you no doubt have things you could add to this list, and I would be happy if you emailed them to me.)