Thursday, January 20, 2011

An Ongoing Healing

Just got back from the post office, and from talking to the girl I've blogged about whose mother is reading the Christian Science textbook. Paula gave me a big hug, and said, "My mother went for a check-up, and the gist of what the doctor said is this: the condition has changed. We don't understand it, but it seems miraculous." And she added, "Mother and I are expecting complete healing." So am I.

This is not too good to be true, not to someone who has experienced what Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy can do for one's health. Many of us know what a potent force the knowledge of God's laws and man's relationship to Him is.

Paula said further that her mother is not only continuing to read the book I gave them, she's reading the Bible through for the first time. We talked about all the promises one finds in the Old Testament alone that God makes about health and healing. I could fill many pages with these statements, but one of my favorites is from Psalms 103: "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all they diseases." (verses 1-3)

And many of us know that what our heavenly Father says He will do, He does!