Sunday, March 1, 2009

Christian Science -- What a Treasure

What better way to start off a new month of blogging (and commenting) than to offer up praise to God for Christian Science. Life holds many treasures for most of us, and the greatest to me is an increasing sense of God's all-power and everpresence that my religion makes possible to anyone. Were I to enumerate all the ways God has blessed me and those I know, would take more time than I have, and more time than you have to read about it.

It goes without saying, there have been for me personally a multitude of healings--physical, emotional, financial from my study of the teachings of Christian Science. But what I value most is knowing that Mary Baker Eddy's great discovery was that of the truths our Master knew and practiced over 2,000 years ago. And to think these truths about God and man are accessible to us right now--that anyone can learn to trust the Saviour's promises as explained in "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" by Mrs. Eddy.

Was reading only yesterday these words from her "Message to The Mother Church for 1900" where she states: "It should seem rational that the only perfect religion is divine Science, Christianity as taught by our great Master; that which leaves the beaten path of human doctrines and is the truth of God, and of man and the universe. The divine Principle and rules of this Christianity being demonstrable, they are undeniable; and they must be found final, absolute, and eternal."

It has occurred to me that contributions from you, dear readers, on just how Christian Science has made a difference in your life, have much potential for blessing the world. That we have this means of sending into cyberspace our inspired thoughts/accounts of healing/comments on so tremendous a topic is cause for rejoicing. And I invite you who love to support this blog and are so good at participating in its mission, to share away. I know from past experience with individuals who have come across this blog and learned of Christian Science for the first time that many out there are going to be blessed. It is, of course, up to God to send our messages where they will be best received, being that He is in charge of this enterprise. But our omnipotent and omnipresent Father can do it. And to think that you and I will be working for and with Him!

I will await all the wonderful things you have to say to those who want to know what Jesus knew about God and man and the universe!