Saturday, October 12, 2013

Power Awesome and Immediate



        Just have to share with you something that happened to me last evening when I was reading in the New Testament, in Matthew.  One of Jesus' commands lit up for me as something I needed to pay special attention to.  And do.  Merely reading the words, then going about my business as usual, was no longer going to work, I could see.

        The relevance of this particular command and the way it applied to me kept coming to thought, and I found myself yearning to be aligned with it, to be fully obedient.  And God certainly heard my heartfelt prayer.  I asked Him for the spiritual strength to put our Master's words into practice, and viola!  The fall-out from this was so quick I was amazed. 

        And take it from me who just experienced something wonderful and hard to adequately describe, get yourself right with something Jesus said we are to do and you will see in your life power both awesome and immediate.