Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God the only Substance

Let me end this month's blogging with gratitude for what Christian Science points out about God being the substance of all things. This came to my attention more clearly when I came across something Mary Baker Eddy writes in her book, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" on page 508: "The only intelligence or substance of a thought, a seed, or a flower is God, the creator of it." I applied this to the flowers I was planting, and it produced quite a spectacular display of blossoms. The neighbors would comment on it and ask what was my secret? I would say, it must be planting and watering, lest they think I was odd. But then, I began saying, I could see that God was their creator, their substance. Of course, not many understood this metaphysical truth, but I was acknowledging God's doing.

And since then, the subject has expanded in my thought to see much more vividly that God being All-in-all, as the Bible brings out over and over, and my religion teaches, He is indeed the substance of all things. Healing can, and does, result from understanding this vital point.