Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Master An Afterthought?!

Didn't think I'd have anything to blog about today, but seems I do.  In contrast to the heartwarming conversation I had with someone yesterday morning, an afternoon phone call brought something quite different.  Was talking to a long-time Journal-listed Christian Science practitioner about things religious and the challenges our world faces today whereupon at the close, I fell silent for a moment.  In the context of what we were talking about, something was missing.  She and I have been friends long enough, that very quickly she realized why the pause on my part, and added, "Oh, and Christ Jesus" ! 

As  sad for her as I felt, it was clear she gave a nod to our Lord and Saviour only because she was talking with me.  Just wasn't in her heart or thought.  Did I say anything?  No, because it could well be I have not presented Christ winningly enough (probably the case).  Or she is just not feeling the need to take Jesus seriously yet. 

So, in such cases, one just moves on doing what one must do.  I couldn't help thinking about the dear friends I have who are devoted Christians who, if I were to say, "Now, don't leave Christ Jesus out of things" would be supremely insulted.  When someone has love for God's Holy Child uppermost, it speaks loud and clear, even if there are no words.  God be praised there are such as these.

Could end this posting with so many strong statements from the Bible and from the teachings of Christian Science.  But will just say, for those who read this and may be at a pivotal, receptive point in their lives, consider this soberly:  our Master cannot be just tacked on, cannot be merely an afterthought.