Friday, September 11, 2009

Poem From a Friend

Was talking to a longtime and dear friend yesterday, John Wellsman, about the practice of Christian Science. He happened to share the following little poem, which I have his permission to share with my readers. A friend gave it to him when he was reading in a church in New Jersey. She didn't know the author, nor do we. But if the one who penned this sees this blog, let us know.



Whatever fears have dimmed the years,

However deep the scars,

to Him thou art as perfect now,

as when He formed the stars.



This is so simple, yet speaks to a powerful truth I have gained from being a student of Christian Science and learning some of what our great Saviour knew about God and man and what I believe Jesus came to show mankind. And what is this? that you and I are God's own child, His very likeness, that we are as perfect and intact now as when He created us. I can attest to more than one healing from understanding and praying from this spiritual standpoint--perfect God and perfect man being the very basis of demonstration in divine Science. And just one statement from "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" by Mary Baker Eddy has helped me time and again in realizing my freedom from some difficulty:

"The relations of God and man, divine Principle and idea, are indestructible in Science; and Science knows no lapse from nor return to
harmony, but holds the divine order or spiritual law, in which God and all that He creates are perfect and eternal, to have remain unchanged in its eternal history." (pages 470, 471)

The non-Christian Scientists who read my blog may well find this startling, too good to be true. Nevertheless, it is. And God be praised that He is holding us intact in our perfect state, I say.