Friday, September 25, 2009

Our Attitude Toward Jesus

It is always deeply rewarding to hear from someone we are helping in matters spiritual, to get the news
I just got!  I mentioned a friend who is yearning to feel God's love more.  Well, this earnest Christian Scientist just told me, "I have a new attitude toward Jesus.  I feel more progress than I've felt in a long time." Such a joy for me to hear, and for this person to be experiencing.

Whereupon I shared something I came across years ago, written by a British Bible writer and commentator,
I guess one would describe David Lloyd-Jones.  He was focusing on the Sermon on the Mount and he wrote substantially:  if you want to experience spiritual TNT in your life (he was writing years ago), then want to obey something you read in these sublime teachings, begin doing just something Christ says to do.  You will see changes you cannot imagine right now.   You will be tapping into awesome power.  And the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science, Mary Baker Eddy, certainly stressed the power of these "sublime" teachings in her statement that this Sermon read each Sunday from the pulpit and lived during the week would be enough for Christian practice, in her opinion.

In my humble way, I can attest to the truth of what these authorsl have stated.  Even the desire to carry out God's requirements,  followed by the smallest effort on our part, will begin transforming any one's life.   This constitutes a divine adventure that only gets better and better--for the genuine student of Christian Science who has the deepest reverence for Christ Jesus.  And for those who don't yet have the attitude toward the Master they need to adopt as soon as possible.