Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happenstance?



More and more I'm coming to see,
if for God's guidance I pray,
seeking counsel from
the One all-knowing Mind,
earnestly wanting to stay
in tune with things divine
that things do not merely happen --
whether involving events
seemingly brought about
by circumstances or man.
I find there is at work
in my life God's plan.
And how appropriate it is
to seek His right-on direction,
the way our Lord and Master did.
Thus doing, less and less will one
wake up one fine day to find
his footsteps, alas, have slid.
So, in matters material or ethereal,
I'm learning it's worth the bother
to get guidance from our loving,
always-with-us, all-wise Father.

As Isaiah assures us:
"And thine ears shall hear a word
behind thee, saying, This is the way,
walk ye in it, when ye turn to the
right hand, and when ye turn to the left."