Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2 Christian Science Healings



(Norma Richardson wanted to share this with my readers and I know it will inspire many of you. Norma is a dear friend of ours and she lives in Fountain City, Tennessee)


I  have witnessed so many beautiful healings in Christian Science over the years and can never be grateful enough to God that my mother turned to this religion in a time of great need in our family.

I often think of these 2 outstanding proofs of what God can do for us.  The first concerns my brother who was born with a serious disease and was what is known as a "bleeder".  There were many frightening trips to the emergency section of the local hospital over the years and when he was 8 years old, something happened that decided my mother to rely on God totally for relief from this condition.  My brother was playing with an ax one day, and happened to hit himself in the back of the head.  The bleeding was profuse, wouldn't stop, other family members held towels to his head, ran and threw them in the washing machine, and continued to try to deal with the crisis.  My mother was holding him in her lap when she asked my father to phone a Christian Science practitioner to came to the house.  The woman came, continued the praying for my brother that had started immediately with the call for help.  It wasn't half an hour when the bleeding stopped, and my brother was completely healed of that rare disease.

The other healing involved my daughter.  I had been in the Christian Science Sunday School in up-state New York since I was 14 but wasn't what you would call a serious student of my religion.  When my daugher was born just 4 years later, it occurred to me that I needed to make a commitment, get really serious about understanding God better through the writings of Mary Baker Eddy so that if something happened I could deal with it confidently.  Well, as happens with children, I got my opportunity.  She came down with what appeared to be infantile paralysis, so prevalent in those days, and through a Christian Science practitioners loving and daily prayers, my daughter was totally and permanently healed.

I myself have had so many proofs that Christian Science works that it would require much space here to relate.  But is it any wonder that I thank God for the spiritual understanding I've gained through the study and practice of my religion.