Sunday, March 18, 2012

LIfe as it's meant to be

When one can honestly say, I am God's through faith in and love for Jesus Christ, life becomes a true adventure.  In the fullest meaning of that word.

Instead of making do with a shortfall of good, we should be seeing much more of it in daily life.  Our loving Father intends this for all His children.  As Jesus said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)  Abundant in all the ways that make life worth living.  Shouldn't we learn to loook more consistently to God for this?  After all, this is in line with His wishes:  "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."  (Isaiah 45:22)

There are so many bonuses to doing this.  Not only increased peace of mind, energy for our activities, supply with which to meet our needs and help others, greater health and well-being, but joy.  Yes joy, which in my view, cannot be had in any lesser way.  Life  becomes a joyous thing that all real followers of Christ feel deeply and exhibit to others.

Am I suggesting that once we make Christ the focus of our life and look to God for all that makes life wonderful, all challenges will suddenly cease?  In no way.  There will be sharp struggles.  But as I've said, our day-to-day experience becomes through Christ much more alive -- happier, healthier, freer.  In the situations that once would have defeated us we now find ourselves having mastery.  Life becomes for us what it's meant to be.

And most important to me, our heavenly Father keeps opening up ways to bless others.  Which, after all, is why you and I are here, is it not?