Monday, March 28, 2011

Never Baffling to Him

Only yesterday had another proof of what our heavenly Father does for His children, when they turn to Him for answers.  Facing a situation which called for a solution, and not seeing at all a way through the thicket, I turned to God as a little child would who can't see which steps to take.

It surprised me almost, how quickly the solution presented itself.  It shouldn't have, after experiencing many times in my life what an understanding of God as all-knowing Mind can do, and of ourselves as the reflection of the One Mind in fact. (This I have learned in my study of Christian Science.)  But it did, and I was so relieved.  Where I felt baffled, He did not.  And He never does.

Several years ago when confronted with a situation at work that needed a resolution, I made an appointment to go see a Christian Science practitioner for help.  As I related my conundrum, then said, "Who can I take this problem to?", he immediately answered, "Why not take it to God?"  Where I was thinking of relying on some person, this friend was thinking of going to the highest source possible for answers.  This I endeavored to do, and very soon, the whole thing was cleared up.

Often in the intervening years, what this devoted worker asked me has come to thought, and I can wholeheartedly recommend this step to anyone who doesn't know what to do with life's complexities. 

Nothing is too hard for our loving Father to figure out (as the Old Testament and Jesus' example point up).  God is everpresent, His help always available.  And when we take our problems to Him, He will figure out for us the right path to take.  And so often, do it amazingly fast!