Sunday, February 21, 2010

On fire for Jesus

Just have to share some exciting Good News. And I capitalize these two words as they refer to a cd I listened to in my car a couple of days ago. Lifted me right off the seat (almost). I fortunately became aware of this devoted Bible scholar several years ago through friends in Melbourne, Au. Her name is Pamela Calver and she gives classes/lectures/talks all over the world. Currently she's headed to Tasmania to help awaken a love for the Word of God which is the most thrilling thing anyone of us can ever contemplate. The cd I heard was an Introduction to the book of Mark, and I can scarely tell my readers what it did for me. It's rare for me to find something that stokes the fire I feel for our Lord and Master, but the discussion I listened to, did just this.

Pamela has such a deep reverence for Christ's words and works, it comes through in her teachings, and I can highly recommended your sending for some material on ordering a tape or tapes. I do not take to "selling" per se, but given the blessings that await the listener, it would not be a waste of time or money. Her email address is: pamelacalver@gmail.com.

Lastly, the starts this cd off with the most arresting statement by an Alec McCown (I think this is the way you spell his name) who, I recall, once gave a stage production on one of the Gospels. Memorized the whole thing and electrified the audience. A British actor I think but will look it up. At any rate, he says (and I'm paraphrasing here) the greatest opening line to anything ever written is this: "The beginning of the gospel according to Jesus Christ, Son of God." Just think about this!

May God prosper this activity, and I have no doubt that He will.