Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cool winds of spring

While out walking just now, found the cool almost-March-like wind delightful. Next month is one of my favorites, especially here in the South when forsythia, crocuses, daffodils to name just a few are bursting out all over. Why do I love crisp, clean air? Probably because of having lived many years in New England and coming to love cool weather. Then growing up in hot old Texas gave me my fill of stifling heat. But why do we need to hear about your weather-preference you may ask? You don't, and I'll get right to the purpose for this blog post.

Being a student of the teachings of Christian Science, there are so many things in Mary Baker Eddy's book, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" that have been such a help. One of these is her statement about wind found on page 597 where she writes: "That which indicates the might of omnipotence and the movements of God's spiritual government, encompassing all things."

This definition has only added to my enjoyment of cool winds, and lifted thought higher, to God's everpresence.

Hope it gives you something new to think about.