Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting the word out

And what word am I referring to here?  That the teachings of Christian Science are of inestimable value in one's daily life, not only where overcoming illness is concerned, but with other challenges.  What I'm thinking about this morning is help in financial challenges, which millions are concerned with now.  Earlier today I happened to run across something I had posted on supply which was on a website not familiar to me--in Portugal.  Someone had picked up one of my blog posts, translated it into their own language (read a bit different from what I wrote, but the message was there.) 

At any rate, it inspired me to pick up some of the key points in that piece to share with readers around the world who need a helping hand right now.

Years ago, when I was about to leave a steady income for the adventure of self-employment, in telling a friend about my engulfing fear, he said to me, "Why, income is within."  He was, of course, directing my thoughts to Christ Jesus' teaching that the kingdom of God is within us.  These were not just airy words, said to bolster my courage.  This man, a former Hollywood director, had felt led to leave his work and enter the full-time practice of Christian Science.  With two children in college, no less.  As he had proved his statement in spades, I did listen.  Still, I was scared.  But what have I found over the years and through many challenges?  That our loving Father does not let us down when we're serving Him, that what our dear Master taught is true--that all good is already within us as God's very own. 

Besides the assurance of Jesus, one of the most helpful things to me was something the Discoverer and Founder of my religion, Mary Baker Eddy, once said:  "When you stand before a mirror and look at your reflection, it is the same as the original.  Now you are God's reflection.  If His hands are full, your hands are full, if you image Him.  You cannot know lack."  (We Knew Mary Baker Eddy, page l34)

So, all the best as you embark on finding out what Jesus said is true.  What I did, you can do.