Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gifts Unspeakable

Around Christmas time, I posted a poem on a Swedish website titled "Gift Unspeakable".  It struck me as the raison d'etre of the whole celebration Christians observe, and it highlighted someone I have long admired for his nobility of character--American Civil War General, Robert E. Lee.  I read once that he was often heard by his soldiers to say, "Have I thanked You enough today for Your unspeakable gift?"  It was, of course, Jesus he was referring to.  And I thought, just think of the influence for good on the people who heard him say it,  and those who have read his heartfelt words since.

Being such a recipient of the blessings that have come to me and those I know through Christian Science, I have to add an "s" to the word gift.  It just would not be possible to express enough thanks to God for what I believe He has given a world so in need of the truths Christ Jesus healed by--those found in the teachings of the Science of Christ, discovered and given to mankind by Mary Baker Eddy.  How rich my life is because of Christ and Christian Science!