Friday, December 5, 2008

Knowledge that heals

In thinking about some of the comments people have made on my "Obedience will cost us", the following comes to thought to share. Speaking for myself (and no doubt countless others around the world), knowing that I have through the teachings of Christian Science a means of gaining some of the spiritual knowledge our Master had and healed by fills me with awe. The conviction I have about this is on solid rock. There have been over the years some downright venomous expressions of feelings against both my religion and its Discoverer and Founder, Mary Baker Eddy. But I'm grateful to God for the strengthening and seasoning in standing up for what has blessed me and mine so enormously.

Came across in my morning reading of Prose Works by our Leader this from "First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany", page 190 where she states:

"Christians who accept our Master as authority, regard his sayings as infallible...Jesus gave his disciples (students) power over all manner of diseases; and the Bible was written in order that all peoples, in all ages, should have the same opportunity to become students of the Christ, Truth, and thus become God-endued with power (knowledge of divine law) and with 'signs following.' Jesus declared that his teaching and practice would remain, even as it did, 'for them also which shall believe on me through their word.' Then, in the name of God, wherefore vilify His prophets to-day who are fulfilling Jesus' prophecy and verifying his last promise, 'Lo, I am with you alway'? It were well for the world if there survived more of the wisdom of Nicodemus of old, who said, 'No man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.'"