Sunday, September 14, 2008

Who it is doing this blog

Have been praying about whether to identify myself as I have wanted to keep personality out of this activity, feeling that who does God's work not the important thing, only that it get done, that one goes all out for Christ. However, I do need to stand behind my words, so my name is Sharon Slaton Howell. I realize people in various parts of the world will recognize this name because of the voluminous writings done for The Christian Science Publishing Society in Boston, MA (USA) over the years, and for the past year plus, due to the many poems contributed to honor God's holy child. The man, who with his wife, started the site in 1994, is one of the most dedicated, humble, loving Christians I've been privileged to know, as are many of the friends I've made through this site.
While anyone reading this blog is free to have his or her say, I do not intend to argue about religion. To try to divest me of cherished spiritual convictions would be a total waste of someone's time, let me say right now. Christ's Christianity as made understandable/practical/provable to me through the God-inspired writings of Mary Baker Eddy is my greatest treasure.