Monday, September 29, 2008

And the dog got right up!

About four years ago, I was leaving one morning, had just gotten into my car when a stray dog came around the corner and headed for a bowl of water we keep out for wildlife that come in the night. Suddenly he dropped to the ground, obviously very ill. I jumped out of the car, tried to rouse him, couldn't lift him as he was a very big dog. I stood there for a bit, thought if only I could get him in the car, could take him to a nearby vet to see if he had a chip and if so, return him to his owner. But my husband was away, any neighbor disposed to helping a mere animal already at work. So, I got back in the car, looked away from the sad picture and turned wholeheartedly to God in prayer.

This thought from the Christian Science textbook came strongly to me and I quote it for you here: the margin note says, "Source of all life and action" and in the text, Mrs. Eddy states: (page 283) "Mind is the source of all movement, and there is no inertia to retard or check its perpetual and harmonious action." This was a terrific help to me in the metaphysical work I was doing. This went on for maybe a half hour. And then, there alongside the car was this dog! He had gotten up, was walking normally, and just trotted off down the driveway. I was so happy to see yet another proof that God heals. And He helps animals, too, as my own family and many of my Christian Scientist friends have experienced.