Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Joy, Now and Forever




       
        Just have to blog this morning, being awash in love and gratitude to our heavenly Father.  Oh, the blessings He does give to those who stand up for Him.

        As I was driving along just now, I had on Felix Mendelssohn's oratorio "Elijah". What a sublime thing it is, too.  And I couldn't help thinking about his experience of coming across a New Testament one day and reading something Jesus said.  His conversion to Christianity was immediate and lasting. But the part of this oratorio that stood out to me was this:  "Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in their heavenly Father's realm.  Joy on their heads shall be forever lasting."

        To think what awaits us as we become, and are now, righteous which to me means being right with God as much as we're able, living our lives as His Son made plain for us. This, as I'm finding, brings into our lives here and now joy that will never wane.