Saturday, January 31, 2015

Let Us Not Forget...




        ....those of us who belong to Jesus Christ, this humbling statement:

        "I am the vine, ye are the branches:  He that abideth in me, and I in him the same bringeth forth much fruit:  for without me ye can do nothing."

        Certainly, as to being as successful in our divine service as our heavenly Father requires, abiding in Christ is essential.

        But I've been thinking of what Jesus says in the last few words of the above statement, "without me ye can do nothing" and how it applies to our staying out of range of the prince of this world. When our Master says "nothing", that is just what is meant. And it covers everything you and I do. For it is Christ's power alone that can cause Satan to yield, that can keep us safe from encounters we do not have to have.  If we think we can overcome the devil's wiles through our own efforts, we find out sooner or later that we can't.  This just won't cut it.  But when Christ's power is activated in our experience, results follow.

        Nothing is more crucial to a soldier of Jesus Christ than absolute reliance on His power, on establishing every single day that He is Lord and Master of everything that one does.