Saturday, September 1, 2012

God's Immediate Help




Last week I really needed to feel God's help at once. And I got it. While clearing some brush in our woods, felt a sharp sting on one of my hands and saw a creepy crawly thing run away. Whatever this insect was, I don't know. But the pain was intense. I went in to the house and sat down, and began praying in earnest.

This thought came to me and was a basis for my knowing the truth about the situation. It's from Mary Baker Eddy's book, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" where she says: "All of God's creatures, moving in the harmony of Science, are harmless, useful, indestructible." I worked with this, endeavoring to know that nothing in God's kingdom could harm me, that even this little bug could poison my system or cause unfortunate repercussions bodily.

The quotation above continues: "A realization of this grand verity was a source of strength to the ancient worthies. It supports Christian healing, and enables its possessor to emulate the example of Jesus. 'And God saw that it was good.'" This is found on page 514, 515 of "Science and Health".

I worked metaphysically for about 2 hours to overcome the pain and swelling, and to alllay any fear of "what if?" and then the whole thing dissipated. No evidence remained that anything had happened. I was so grateful to God for His everpresence and healing power, which I have been the recepient of many times in my life when mishaps have occurred.