Friday, December 10, 2010

The Christian Science Textbook

I am referring to Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. And why I'm focusing on this book this morning is that I just got back from our local post office and chatting with one of my favorite workers. Paula is a dear girl, whose mother is battling "an ugly disease", in my friend's words.

Not only did listening to this make me extremely grateful for the teachings of Christian Science. But as I drove back home, I left inspired to take a copy of its textbook to her. Whether or not it will prove what her mother will be receptive to and/or helped by, isn't the main thing. Just one divine truth lighting up consciousness can do wonders for her mother. I feel from discussions I've had with Paula as she was dealing with my mail, she obviously has strong faith that God can heal illness.

A letter I intend to include with the book will be an account of how my own mother was healed from reading this book when doctors had given her no hope of cure. A neighbor, seeing the suffering my mother was going through, especially with 2 very young children to care for, told her that there was a book that had been healing others. Well, long story short, this compassionate woman gave my mother a copy of Science and Health. Thank God she did! Mother began reading and was dramatically and permanently (and I might add, quickly) healed of that condition. She withdrew from the Methodist church which she loved and began a deep study of the Bible together with the Christian Science textbook, put my brother and me in the Sunday School, and never looked back.

As for myself, I wouldn't part with my copy of this blessed book for the world, if I couldn't obtain another one. Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures heals.