Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tooth problem healed

It's a joy to put this on Mrs. Howell's website as what I experienced about 2 years ago can be of enormous help to someone else. I had gone to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. When the dentist examined the x-rays, he said I had an infected tooth that ought to come out that very afternoon.

In my years of studying and practicing Christian Science, I had seen God's power demonstrated in so many ways. However, teeth problems were another situation. This day I longed to see His power at work with this tooth condition so I said to the dentist," I'll think about having it removed."

I went home and called a family member who also happens to be a Christian Science practitioner to pray for me. That week was a very challenging to me. But do you know, (and I recall the day), on Sunday of that week, I felt the healing taking place. I was so grateful to be feeling better. And the interesting part was what took place over the next few days. My ear began draining yukky stuff (won't go into too much detail on this) and within a week, I was completely free of the infection. And when I next went back to the dentist for teeth cleaning, I asked him if such a thing could happen. He said, "I don't know. I've never heard of this before." But I know, and Christian Scientists know, that God can do what man cannot. I still have that tooth and it's perfectly sound.

How can I ever be thankful to God enough for revealing to Mary Baker Eddy the divine laws that underlay what our blessed Master, Christ Jesus, employed in his sublime healing and saving work!