Monday, July 26, 2010

Waking Up from the Waking Dream - S. Webb (Tennessee)

I can't be thankful enough for what I'm learning from Christian Science. Some months ago a friend gave me Mary Baker Eddy's wonderful book, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" and what it is doing in my life! I've had many healings of different problems. But I want to share this with someone who may be struggling with a misconception I had for years. Christian Science is showing me what I really am.

As a member of another Christian denomination, I read and believed that I was God's child. But like far too many of the church members I know, there was a disconnect somewhere. I thought so much about my sin and God's wrath that I got up each morning already kind of down feeling.

It was as I was reading "Science and Health" one day that the cause of this dawned on me. I was too taken up with the flesh, with the unreality of my being, instead of really understanding that I am God's spiritual image and likeness. Matter was so real to me it was like I was shutting God out in a way. This is the way I would put it. I was giving Satan more power than God almighty! I was letting Satan steal the joy and freedom and health God wants His children to have, which Jesus came to make plain.

Too many of the Christians I know are clueless about what is missing in their everyday lives. They don't know how to wake up from the unreal and see the spiritual reality all about them. They don't think of themselves as God's spiritual, perfect creation.

I thank God for the teachings Mrs. Eddy gave the world. I feel I am waking up more every day to what is truly real about myself and other people.