Friday, July 16, 2010

Reflecting Love Divine

I know I've read, it has certainly been said to us enough, that having an animal to care for keeps a person young. This I believe. Why is this so often the case? I think it's because of the unselfish love these dependent beings get from us (or I hope they do). Such affection is, in my view, as aspect, a reflecting of that Love divine which their Creator has for all His creatures, great and small.

In addition to keeping one more youthful and vigorous as he forgets about self, a friend once said to me that what got her up each day when she was going through a very rough time was knowing that her dog was counting on her. She had to get up each morning to feed him, and take him outdoors. "It was due to this dear thing that I didn't sink into depression and just shut down from living.:"

And I can't help thinking that reflecting God's dear love to that dog kept her young, as well.