Thursday, March 25, 2010

Speaking up for Christian Science

Having just finished reading the hatchet job in The Times a Mr. Vitelli did on Christian Science, I owe it to my religion to speak up in its behalf. I would not be here today without the wonderful truths taught me by Christian Science, nor the terrific help I've received from dedicated practitioners through the years.

My mother turned to CS when I was not even in kindergarden when she was healed of a condition that had been with her for many years and doctors (though they tried ) could not give her relief. Does anyone wonder why, after experiencing an instantaneous example of Christ-healing, she turned to the religion she had found help from and brought up her son and daughter in her new faith. All through my childhood years, I was not not even once neglected when physical problems arose. And the healings I had as a child you don't have time to read.

Now, onto something else I just read on-line on some website devoted to former CS's for Christ Jesus (for heaven's sake) by some woman named Kramer. Let me say to this that an unbiased individual who wishes to be fair and just need only turn to Mary Baker Eddy's masterwork, Science andHealth with Key to the Scriptures to the chapter titled, "Atonement and Eucharist" to see what followers of the religion she founded feel about our Lord and Master, Christ Jesus. She has this phrase, "While we adore Jesus..." and believe me all you out there in the world who will be reading this blog post, we do!

Were I to be silent before such mis-information as the two instances related above, the stones would cry out. And I would not be doing what God wants me to do.